Directions to the Archives of Contemporary Arts
- From the airport Vienna-Schweacht via A4 towards Vienna, exit at Prater junction towards Praha/A22, then continue on A22, exit at Stockerau jucnction towards Krems/St. Pölten/Tulln, continue on S5 until you arrive in Krems. (approx. 100 km)
- From the city center or North Vienna, take the above-mentioned A22 to Stockerau and the S5 via Tulln towards Krems (approx. 80 km)
- From West or South Vienna, take A1 to St. Pölten, then change to S33 towards Krems, exit on “Melk/ Krems Zentrum/Wachau” an stay on the right lane to merge on B3 towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau (approx. 100 km)
Once you have arrived in Krems, continue on B3 (Donau-Bundesstraße) towards Melk/Spitz/Wachau. At the large intersection, stay on the left towards Stein/Spitz/Wachau. You will encounter two large roundabouts. Simply follow green signs for “campus krems”.
- On the A1 towards St. Pölten, continue via S33 towards Krems. At the Traismauer junction, follow B37. Take the exit “Melk – Krems Zentrum – Wachau” and turn right onto B3 (towards Melk – Spitz – Wachau). Follow the green signs for “campus krems” (approx. 160 km)
- On the A1 until Melk, continue via B3 towards Krems. From Emmersdorf on, follow the green signs towards “campus krems”. This route takes more time but offers a very intriguing scenic view as it goes directly through the Wachau.
- Train connections from Franz-Josefs-Bahnhof (train station) with boarding opportunities in Vienna-Spittelau (connecting subways U4 and U6), Vienna-Heiligenstadt (U4 and S45), Tulln, Absdorf-Hippersdorf, Kirchberg am Wagram and in Hadersdorf am Kamp; Travel time: 70 minutes (regional express train)
From St. Pölten
- Fast trains from St. Pölten stop in Herzogenburg, Statzendorf, Paudorf, Furth-Palt, Travel time: approx. 30-45 minutes
Connections from Krems Train Station to the Archives of Contemporary Arts
From the station forecourt in Krems, you can take a bus directly to the main entrance of the Campus Krems (approx. 5 minutes). In addition to the regular Wachau-busses and the StadtBUS Krems (city bus line 1 – bus stop Danube University), there is a campus shuttle bus (WL 3) going back and forth, serving as connection to trains from Vienna and St. Pölten.