We take the protection of your personal data and your privacy very seriously. We therefore only process your data in the framework of the legal regulations [European Parliament Directive (EU) 2016/679 and the Council from 27 April 2016 for the protection of natural persons when processing personal data, for free movement of data and annulment of Directive 95/46/EG (GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation), Data Protection Act 2018 (DSG 2018), Telecommunications Act 2003 (TKG 2003)].
Responsible Data Protection Official:
Pursuant Art 4 Z 7 GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the following official is responsible for data protection on this website
Danube University Krems – University for Continuing Education (in the following „Danube University Krems“)
3500 Krems an der Donau
Should you have any questions regarding how we process your data, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Telephone +43 2732 8930
The website contains links to other websites. These links to the websites of other internet participants are offered as a service for users wishing for further information. Danube University Krems has no influence over the content of the linked pages. Danube University Krems cannot accept liability for this content in any way. The providers of the linked websites are solely responsible for the content and accuracy of the information provided.
Why they are processed: When you contact us via an online form on the website, your data will be processed in order to respond to your enquiry and to answer your questions.
Legal basis: We process the personal data you provide when you contact us in accordance with the provision of pre-contractual measures pursuant Art 6 par 1 lit b GDPR.
How long the data is stored: 180 days
Who receives the data: Danube University Krems
Cancelling your permission: You can cancel your permission at any time. By cancelling your permission, legitimacy based on your permission until you revoked it will not be affected.
Newsletter and Info-Mail („e-Post“)
Why these are processed: The personal data you provide when you register for newsletters and info-mail („e-post“) is processed for the purpose of sending you emails with information, e.g. about your studies, lectures, research and events. And if you have voluntarily given us your address and telephone number, even by post and/or telephone, to analyze the click behavior of the email recipient.
Legal basis: We process your personal data only with your express permission (Art 6 par 1 lit a GDPR) for the purpose of sending you newsletters and info-mail („e-Post“).
How long the data is stored: We only store your data for the purpose described above until you tell us to stop sending you newsletters and info-mail („e-post”) Following this we only save data absolutely necessary in accordance with the applicable laws for the purpose of proving that you gave us or cancelled your permission.
Who receives the data: Danube University Krems
Cancelling your permission: You can unsubscribe at any time on the respective newsletter’s unsubscribe page on Danube University Krems’ homepage. You will find a list of all newsletters at www.donau-uni.ac.at/newsletter. You can also unsubscribe individual newsletters at any time by clicking on the „unsubscribe newsletter“ button at the end of every newsletter. You can unsubscribe to info-mail („e-post“) at any time on the „e-post“ subscribe/unsubscribe page at www.donau-uni.ac.at/epost. By cancelling your permission, legitimacy based on your permission until you revoked it will not be affected.
We always seek to ensure the privacy of your personal data.
Danube University Krems sets appropriate technical and organizational measures in compliance with Art 32 GDPR to safeguard the rights and freedom of natural persons in due consideration of state of the art technology, implementation costs and the means, scope, circumstances and purpose of processing as well as the probability of occurrence and gravity of the risk.
For this reason, measures are in place to protect your data and save it from loss, destruction, access and dissemination by unauthorized third parties:
- Securing privacy, integrity, availability and resilience of the systems and services in connection with data processing;
- Ensuring that personal data is recovered promptly following a physical or technical incident;
- Implementing processes to regularly monitor, assess and evaluate the efficiency of the technical and organizational measure to safeguard secure data processing.
Please note that we cannot accept liability for information disclosed due to errors during data transmission not caused by us or attributable to us and/or unauthorized access by third parties.
You have the following rights when using our website:
- Right to information (Art 15 GDPR): You have the right to demand that Danube University Krems provides proof that it processes your personal data. Furthermore, you have the right to ask for further information about exactly why your data is processed, personal data categories, who receives your personal data or recipient categories, how long your data is stored, whether you have the right to deletion, correction or to restrict the processing of your data, the right of objection, and all information available concerning the source of your data.
- Right to correction (Art 16 GDPR): You have the right to demand that Danube University Krems promptly corrects your personal data. This right includes correcting inaccurate data and completing incomplete personal data.
- Right to deletion (Art 17 GDPR): You have the right to demand that Danube University Krems deletes your personal data promptly for reasons defined in Art 17 par 1 lit a to f GDPR (e.g. the purpose for data processing does not exist anymore) and processing your data becomes unnecessary.
- Right to restrict processing (Art 18 GDPR):In the cases described in Art 18 GDPR (e.g. inaccuracy of the personal data, unlawful processing, etc.) you have the right to demand that Danube University Krems restricts processing.
- Right to data transmissibility (Art 20 GDPR): You have the right to receive the personal data you made available to Danube University Krems in a structured, current format and to demand that Danube University Krems transmits this data to another responsible office (e.g. another law firm).
- Right of objection (Art 21 GDPR): You have the right at any time to object to your personal data being processed while using our website.
- Cancelling permissions (Art 7 GDPR): You can cancel permissions you gave Danube University Krems at any time.
- Right of complaint: Furthermore, you can issue a complaint at any time to the
Austrian Data Protection Authority,
Austrian Data Protection Authority
1080 Vienna, Austria
Telephone: +43 1 521 52-25 69
You can address your grievance – with the exception of grievances to the Austrian Data Protection Authority – to Danube University Krems at the following address: email@example.com